Pros & Cons
Is a DIY wedding right for you? It’s often best to consider all the reasons “for” and “against” running a DIY wedding before making your decision.
Here are a few points to help you decide whether a DIY wedding at Alawara Mansion is right for your special day.
- $$$ Savings – In comparison to using a reception or function centre, many thousands of dollars can be saved on costs such as alcohol, catering and presentation.
- If you only wish to invite 50 guests or less, a DIY wedding potentially offers even greater savings because reception or function centres generally require you to book a minimum of 60 or 70 guests (i.e. unnecessarily increasing your cost).
- Alawara Mansion offers a bar, wedding gazebo, function room and great photographic opportunities – and you can accommodate over half your wedding guests (i.e. Alawara Mansion sleeps up to 26 guests).
- More often than not, guests have travelled great distances to attend your wedding, so Alawara Mansion may also be used for get-togethers with family and friends (e.g. the day after the wedding).
- You can stay on for a chilled honeymoon at your own private resort.
- If you need to hold a wedding for more than 50 guests (including yourselves), management will not consent to your DIY wedding because Alawara Mansion is a residential property and not an appropriate venue. Are you able to get your numbers down?
- If you want a loud band or DJ, neither form of entertainment is allowed at Alawara Mansion. Background musicians are generally permitted and stereo systems are also provided onsite.
- You’ll need to make all arrangements with caterers, hire companies (e.g. tables and chairs), celebrants, photographers, make-up artists, hairdressers and florists. Visit the directory.
- You’ll also need to purchase and bring your own alcohol and other beverages.
So if a DIY wedding at Alawara Mansion makes a lot of sense to you, please ask for a formal quote by email to email@example.com; or call Karen to discuss on 0419 869 849.